World leader in inflatable & deployable space structures
L'Garde Mission Objectives
- Demonstrate segmented deployment of a solar sail
- Verified with onboard imaging system
- Data relayed to ground
- Demonstrate attitude control plus passive stability and trim using beam-tip vanes
- Calibration effort will verify controllability and stability
- Execute a navigation sequence with mission-capable accuracy
- Sunjammer will be flown on a navigation sequence that future users are interested in.
- Fly to and Possibly Maintain Position at sub-L1 and/or Pole Sitter Positions
- Real time Infusion. This mission profile will demonstrate the validity of using solar sails to monitor space weather at pseudo Lagrange points.
- Data will be relayed to the ground and analyzed by NOAA, UCL, and ICL